Thursday, January 26, 2012

Emily & Yoda...A Match Made in Heaven...

Or not really...just had a ring to it!  One of my neighbors has 4 sons (phew)....2 of which have birthdays within weeks of each other.  I did her boys' birthday cookies last year - and I was excited when she came back this year to order more.  Last year, she needed cookies and for some reason, I was out of town for that week.  Our solution was to freeze the cookies!  At that point, I wasn't sure if it would work or not - I'd never tried it.  I tried doing one cookie here at my house and my personal taste tester (aka my Husband) promised me that it tasted just the same as a fresh one.  So Beth became my guinea pig.  She ordered cookies, froze them, and then pulled them out the night before (or morning of) the party.  She too said that she thought they tasted just as good.  SUCCESS!

It's always neat to see what her son Carter may come up with for an idea - last year, Boba Fett.  My first reaction was WHO???  But I tried it and thankfully, it looked close enough that Carter knew who it was!  This year, his first idea was a the Transformer Bumblebee, but he decided to change his mind and go for Yoda.  Well at least this time I knew who Yoda was!  I was so happy to see Carter's reaction when I dropped off the cookies.  He seemed thrilled and immediately asked if he could have a cookie....at 9pm...


Landon is a little man that has the exact same interests as my boys - TRAINS!  Last year, he had Thomas cookies - this year, Emily the train cookies.  It's so nice having tons of trains around the house to look at when I'm trying to see the details on the trains.  When I finished these, I asked my little Whit, "Who is this?"  His reply was that it looked "kind of" like Emily.....that scared me a little....since usually he is pretty good at guessing the cookie designs.  He proceeded to tell me that Emily the train has a coal car....and the cookies didn't.  Details...details...


No comments:

Post a Comment