Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome the Family Home!

As new parents (or even just adding a new baby), transitioning from being in the hospital to coming home is a tough time.  At the hospital, your food is provided, you are taken care of, your new baby is taken care of every second of the day, etc.  But when it's time to come home, you have to get used to the household stuff again.  I know that when I was in the hospital after having my babies, I came home and was VERY lucky that I had friends and family to bring me food and help take care of me and the new babies.  One thing that I received was a box of iced cookies from my Aunt Anita and Uncle Jeff.  What a marvelous thing!  You have cookies to eat, give away as a "thank you" to everyone that has come by to help or visit, and you have a nice sweet snack in the middle of the night (when you are up 20 times...).  
A friend of mine ordered these cookies as a welcome home for one of her neighbors - and it totally reminded me of those awesome cookies from my aunt and uncle as well.  What a great reason to order cookies for someone!  


No comments:

Post a Comment