Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christmas Already???

Today, as we were having lunch, my boys mentioned that they wanted to watch a movie.  So of course, we did.  Well, I should have been thankful that they didn't ask to watch a Thomas the Tank movie but they did request The Polar Express.  Now, we watch this movie A LOT in my house but it makes me laugh every time when it is warm outside - yet they want to watch a movie about Christmas?  And snow?  And Santa?
So we watched it again....for about the millionth time....

But anyway, as I was watching it, it reminded me of a cake that I did almost a year ago.  My friend Cathy came to me and asked me if I'd be willing to do her twins' birthday cake.  Their birthday is really close to Christmas and last year, she took them on The Polar Express train ride up in the mountains for their birthday present.  This is really the FIRST cake (other than a box cake mix) that I had tried to make in my home.  And Cathy gave me free reign to do whatever I could create.  So here's what came out of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment