Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloweeen Goodies Galore!

The past years, I have had all intentions of making some super special Halloween goodies but just never took the time.  This year, I had all kinds of opportunities - so I ran with it!

Our annual UnionCountyMommies Trunk or Treat was last weekend and we always have a cake walk.  In past years, I have baked some sort of cake and taken that - but since lately I have been in cookie mode, I thought hey, why not take a cookie tray!  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of them!  :(  But it was a tray (similar to the last post with the reunion cookies) with a mixture of Halloween pumpkins, ghosts, and moons.  I promise, it was SUPER cute!  :)

I also had an order for a super sweet little girl's birthday cookies.  And since her birthday is so close to Halloween, they are pumpkins!  They are more "little kid" type pumpkins and I love how they turned out!


I also decided to try a treat that I saw on Pinterest (another super awesome website).  Mummy OREO pops!  White chocolate and oreos - how much better can you get??  I also made the super cool mummy eyes - they are made from royal icing and really didn't take long.  And now I have TONS of little eyes to use on fun treats around the house.  I only made a half batch and it made well over a couple hundred eyes!  We are taking these yummy treats to a Halloween party this morning - and we are also sharing a few with our neighbors....and of course the boys and I had to taste one to make sure they were edible :)


No comments:

Post a Comment